Monday, August 1, 2011

Muchas gracias


Monday, August 1

I wanted to make sure to take the time to thank all of you who have stopped by to read this blog at some point.

To my understanding, I actually have a fairly respectable group of family and friends who have read my ramblings with patience and love, and even excitement.

The reality is that this blog was meant to be about me and for me, as a log of what I experienced while here.

But the motivation behind it, on days when writing a blog seemed like just about the last thing I wanted to do, was always knowing that there we people who wanted to read it. That day might have seemed perfectly normal to me, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t share some pictures and insights and experiences with my people from home.

So thank you. Whether you’ve read one blog or twenty or all of them, thank you for taking the time to visit and to support. This adventure wouldn’t be the same without my blog and the memories I’ve preserved here, and you have been the needed push.

As I wind down my trip and head into my last full day of Spain, it’s odd to realize how much I’ll miss writing. While it’s not what I expected, it’s been very therapeutic and much needed to write all of the time.

I probably won’t continue with blogging after I get back to the U.S., although I will be sure to put up a few post-travel blogs about the transition back into live at home. It’s just too hard for me to devote the necessary time during the school year.

But thank you again for a wonderful summer. I hope I haven’t been too boring or too long-winded (though I’m sure I’ve been both at times). I hope you’ll stick with me through the next few posts. Leaving this place is going to be hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment